December 6, 2010
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST CONSULTING SERVICES FOR THE INSTITUTIONAL BUILDING OF THE POSTAL SAVINGS BANK AD BELGRADE
REPUBLIC OF SERBIA
DEPOSIT INSURANCE AGENCY
SECO TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE FOR THE RESTRUCTURING AND PRIVATIZATION OF SERBIAN BANKING AND INSURANCE SECTORS
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
CONSULTING SERVICES FOR THE INSTITUTIONAL BUILDING OF THE POSTAL SAVINGS BANK AD BELGRADE
The Republic of Serbia and the Deposit Insurance Agency (hereinafter referred to as the “DIA”) are the recipients of the Swiss Contribution (administered through the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs, hereinafter referred to as “SECO”) for the purpose of supporting the privatization unit of DIA in the continuation of the restructuring and privatization of the Serbian banking and insurance sectors, and it intends to apply part of the grant proceeds to payments under the contract for consulting services: Institution Building of the Postal Savings Bank a.d. Belgrade (hereinafter referred to as the “PSB”), Ref. No. SECO-DIA-IBA-13/10.
The main objectives of this assignment include but are not limited to support to the building of the institutional capacity of PSB in order to ensure the bank’s sustainable profitability. The project seeks to address identified shortages of capacity in specific areas of the bank’s operations.
Tasks to be performed include:
· Analysis of Costs and Revenues for Business Conducted by PSB through PTT
· Development of a Line of Business Analysis System
· Diagnostic of the General Ledger System
· Development of Risk Management and Accounting for Derivatives
· Basle II Compliance
· Work Out Department Capacity Building
· Development of the Human Resources Function.
Additional work may be required later on to develop a business plan for corporate banking, retail banking and possibly other modules, subject to the project extension and contract amendment.
It is expected that this assignment will be undertaken over a period of 9 months, starting in April 2011 with the possibility of extension of engagement.
Deposit Insurance Agency now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
The consulting firm shall provide a team of international consultants that shall clearly demonstrate strong practical work experience in the bank restructuring and institution building. Local consultants may be used as required to complement the international team.
Licensed banks and other regulated financial institutions which are active in Serbia are ineligible to participate in this Project.
At a minimum, the firm or consortium must demonstrate skills and experience in the following areas:
· At least 15 years of experience in the area of bank restructuring and institution building
· Ability to manage complex technical assistance projects of this type. Experience gained performing similar tasks in Serbia or other regional countries is highly desirable but not mandatory;
· Ability to deliver training and on-the-job support at all levels within a banking environment;
· Knowledge of the Serbian banking market and Serbian banking law and regulation;
· Bank accounting and financial reporting systems, including specific expertise in the design of business line analysis tools and general ledger operations;
· Basle II implementation;
· Information Technology systems diagnostics and preparation of system specifications for varied types of financial reporting;
· Work out, including specific knowledge of relevant laws and regulations in Serbia;
· Risk management functions, specifically including derivatives;
· Human resources management, including specific knowledge of Serbian employment laws and regulations.
Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedure set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2004, revised October 2006. A short list of up to 6 firms which will be invited to tender will be selected from those expressing interest.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 09:00 to 15:00 hours, Monday through Friday. Firms should note that all relevant documents regarding PSB may be found on the bank’s website at www.posted.co.rs and financial statements and other relevant documents in English can be found on the National Bank of Serbia website at www.nbs.rs.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered by mail or e-mail to the address below by December 30, 2010.
Deposit Insurance Agency
Project Management Unit
Ms. Silvija Seizovic
Knez Mihailova 2/II,
Republic of Serbia
tel: +381 11 2075 124
fax: +381 11 3287 741
|© 2013. Deposit Insurance Agency||About Us Deposit Insurance Sale of Capital Bankruptcy & Liquidation Collection of Claims International projects Contact Us Sitemap|